1) Apologies – Sarah M, Dave, Tina, Edw, Bethan
2) Matters Arising
- Frosty Fish – final plans – meet at 1230 on the day – Monday 28th December. Caterers will meet at 10am – Sarah, Elaine, Geoff, Rob, Anne, Simon. Decision to use safety boat will be made on the day. Shakey has invited our friends at Liverpool Victoria Rowing Club. http://www.lvrc.co.uk. Rowing to start at 1300.
- New Years Eve – final plans – Sarah Only one taker for the night !! – Geoff.
- Boat repairs – No written qoutes yet but one for £600 and one for £500. Decision to be made at the AGM in January.
- Coaching course – dates & funding – Simon – Likely to be a long weekend in February, Fri – Mon. Minimum of 8 places. These are already filled. Max and Geoff to attend from Port.
- Winter race dates – Pete – dates available are
Sat 23rd – High Water – 1300
Sun 24th – 1400
Sat 6th – 1330
Sun 7th – 1445
Sat 20th – 1145
Sun 21st – 1230
Sat 6th – 1200
Sun 7th – 1300
Sat 20th – 1045
Sun 21st – 1130
Sat 3rd – 1200
Sun 4th – 1245
Sat 17th – 1100
Sun 18th – 1130
All times are provisional and approximate.
- Fundraising for rowing machine – grant application team to look at a ‘Development Grant’ following a refusal from the Sports Lottery.
3) Celtic Challenge – update – Simon, Rob (Boats) – no support boat yet.
Nicki (Accommadation) – booked in Arklow.
Edw (Minibus) – not present.
Funds (Tina) – not present.
WSRA Liason (Keith) – not present.
Training (Ceinwen) – progressing.
Sectretary was asked to minute the fact that not all Celtic Challenge team members were showing up for meetings and training.
4) Proposals for AGM – date for AGM 8th Jan 2010. THIS DATE HAS MOVED.
Nominations for – Chairperson – Tina
Secretary – Keith
Treasurer – Manon
Vice-Chair – Geoff
Safety Officer – Shakey
Bosun – Simon
Under-Bosun – Rob
Youth Officer – Ceinwen
Ladies Captain – Ceinwen
Mens Captain – Pete
Proposal to hold separate committee meetings – this will be voted on at the AGM.
5) WSRA spending proposal for loan boat – a vote was taken and the majority were in favour.
6) Website demo – a really useful demonstration from Bill. Thanks to him for all his work.
- Following a request to the Commodore, it will be possible to open the bar on Wednesdays following the circuit training.
- There will be two talks of interest on Friday 12th of February – “The Great River Race” by Pete Hughes and “Narwhals and Inukshuks” by Phil Eccles.
- Rob and Geoff have offered to build a launching dolly for the longboats.
8) Check of safety equipment – postponed until Frosty Fish.
9) Christmas drinks – mulled wine or a snowball – a vote was taken and mulled wine won – just.